The language of business is full of terms that appear similar or even synonymous, yet are qualitatively different -- and cannot afford to be misunderstood. And perhaps there is no greater example of this potential mix-up than exploring project management vs. program management vs. portfolio management.
- Project management is the application of knowledge, processes and tools in order to carefully plan, organize, monitor and review projects
- Program management is the overall management of multiple related projects having the same focus, business goals and strategies
- Portfolio management is managing set of related programs with the objective of enhancing business performance
Clarizen has been designed to cover all of these related – yet qualitatively distinct – functions, by empowering organizations to:
- Centralize requests for new projects and changes
- Generate a realistic pipeline indicating budget and available resources
- Streamline and automates project planning
- Establish timelines complete with budgets, milestones, deliverables, due dates and interdependencies
In addition, as a cloud-based solution, Clarizen brings people and teams together no matter where they are – 24/7/365.
For more information about Clarizen's project portfolio management software, start your free trial today.