“We’ve cut through layers of complexity, and the immediate gain has been an increase in productivity around 40%.”
PMO Manager, Professional Services
Headquartered in Sydney, Ricoh Australia has a network of sales, service and support centers throughout the country. Ricoh is a brand trusted by some of Australia’s largest corporations, government departments and relied on in thousands of Australia’s small and medium businesses. More information is available at //www.ricoh.com.au.
Ricoh is traditionally known for selling copiers, multifunctional devices, laser printers, software solutions, projectors, and production printing devices. However, over the years, the company’s professional services division has evolved to provide end-to-end solutions that help customers effectively manage data and share information across the organization.
Per the above-noted development and growth, Ricoh’s professional services division needed to function as an effective, efficient conduit between its customers and their business. However, in order to achieve this critical objective – and earn its customers’ trust– Ricoh had to overcome several key project management-related challenges, including:
- Delivering impressive customer presentations that inspired confidence
- Avoiding information overload and collaboration breakdowns
- Maintaining control as projects grew longer, more complex and involved more people
- Avoiding momentum-killing meetings, which were also causing resource shortages
- Reducing excessive manual overhead and administration
- Improving visibility and transparency, so that teams could rely on reliable data – instead of old meeting minutes and memory
As Debbie Collins, the PMO Manager for Ricoh Australia’s Professional Services Division, reflected: “We needed a better way to close the gap between our internal business partners and customers”.
Ricoh selected Clarizen after it was showcased by a partner in Latin America. Says Collins: “We were really impressed. The partner was in a similar industry, and was using Clarizen to overcome many of the collaboration and project management challenges we were facing”.
Collins and her team implemented Clarizen in stages over a 5-month period, starting with a pilot group and then gradually adding cross-functioning teams. Ongoing user feedback and support from Clarizen’s Customer Success team resulted in what Collins calls a “really solid plan and system for our go live”. During the structured implementation process, Ricoh also created education and training documentation for both its internal teams and customers.
Since implementing Clarizen, Ricoh continues to enjoy significant benefits, including the ability to win new business by impressing customers and inspiring them with confidence. Says Collins: “Now when we deliver a presentation, our customers immediately see that we have control of the situation for them. We have roadmaps, milestones, due dates, resources that can be adjusted on the fly, plans for next steps, and so on. Clarizen also allows us to demonstrate visibility and transparency, which builds trust and a strong relationship. It opens up a whole new world of confidence from the very start.”
Other results include:
- 40% increase in productivity by eliminating productivity and dramatically reducing administration overhead
- A stronger brand and reputation that is driving professional services influence, growth and revenues
- Significantly improved resource management and utilization
- Streamlined day-to-day project and schedule management
- Effective and empowered high-performance teams. Says Collins: “The added visibility and transparency has inspired my team to work harder and smarter, and feel good about themselves at the end of the day”
- Efficient and “fast-tracked” internal meetings, and more engaging and informative customer meetings (Clarizen is used in all customer meetings)
- Immediate access to documents, notes, emails, posts, and other project information
- Currently, Ricoh has approximately 125 staff and customers using Clarizen, with more on-boarding every month – which Collins feels is “fantastic and exciting”.
As for the future, Ricoh plans to take advantage of additional Clarizen features and functionality, especially those related to dashboards and executive reporting. The company has also recently on-boarded a team of business solution engineers, who are starting to track their projects, along with pre-sales and support activities. The company’s marketing product strategy team has also asked to use Clarizen to help them roll out new products.
Says Collins: “For us, Clarizen is evolving from project management, to solution engineering, to time sheeting. People who learn and hear about it want to use it – including our customers.”
Email, Microsoft Office
Debbie Collins, PMO Manager of Professional Services for Ricoh Australia, describes how Clarizen is not only a competitive advantage for them, but it’s also helped increase her team’s productivity by 40%.