“Clarizen has been a step-change in the way that we do project, program and portfolio management. It’s easy to use, has great collaborative facilities, and having a single source of
truth on project information has made my life so much easier.”
Head of PMO
ITV is an integrated producer and broadcaster that creates, owns and distributes high-quality content on multiple platforms. The company operates the largest commercial family of channels in the UK, and has the largest share of the UK television advertising market.
In order to support its strong continued growth, ITV’s Project Management Office (PMO) recognized that its collaboration and planning tools triggered challenges that included:
- Consolidation – teams had to manually pull data from numerous sources (e.g. Google Sheets and Slides, etc.).
- There was no single repository to capture and share high-level information about projects.
- MS-Project would not work easily on Mac OS-based laptops used by project managers.
To address these challenges, ITV recognized that it needed a cloud-based PPM solution with native support for Mac that met the following key requirements:
- Easy-to-use workflows, screens and interfaces to drive collaboration and data sharing
- Support for granular detailed planning and big picture strategic decision-making
- Strong risk management and issue reporting capabilities
To conduct further research and explore available options in the marketplace, ITV led by its Head of PMO June Stewart attended Gartner’s Program and Portfolio Management Conference in London. After evaluating a shortlist of five vendors against a customized scorecard, and conducting follow-up conversations as necessary, ITV concluded that Clarizen was the best-fit solution.
ITV credits Clarizen’s Professional Services Consultants, along with access to a wide range of on-demand learning tools such as webinars and articles, for enabling what it describes as a “really easy” implementation experience. Clarizen also provided on-site training for ITV’s project managers, who were enthusiastic about the major upgrade to their toolkit. “Clarizen has been a step-change in the way that we do project, program and portfolio management. It’s easy to use, has great collaborative facilities, and having a single source of truth on project information has made my life so much easier,” said June Stewart, ITV Head of PMO.
Since implementing Clarizen and using it for several large programs, ITV is enjoying significant results that include:
- Greater efficiency and productivity thanks to easy-to-use tools such as dashboard widgets that automatically display changes to the project plan in real-time.
- Increased accuracy and collaboration by establishing a reliable, accurate and centralized single-source of truth and collaborative work management platform.
- Increased control and visibility that allows the PMO team to easily edit, share and present different views of data across all levels: projects, programs and portfolios.
In the months ahead, ITV plans on leveraging more of Clarizen’s risk and issue management features and modules, and taking advantage of Clarizen’s versatile API to integrate additional agile tools.
London, England (Global Headquarters)
Google Sheets, MS-Project