Clarizen understands that your projects and data are core to your
company’s future and competitive advantage. That’s why we devote
significant resources to keeping your information secure and private.
State of the art technology, combined with strict procedures to protect your privacy and secure all of your documents and data.
Software architecture designed to safeguard against security breaches – no matter the source.
Guaranteed service availability and reliability so you experience no interruption of service or loss of data.
Facilities & disaster recovery
Clarizen’s server farms are hosted in state-of-the-art SOC 2 Type II-certified facilities in North America and Europe. To protect our customers’ data and ensure service reliability and availability, Clarizen utilizes HOT/HOT redundant datacenters on each continent, and all data is replicated to disaster recovery and backup sites.
Clarizen ensures all communications going to and coming from its online project management servers are safe and secure. Our multi-pronged infrastructure security plan features:
- Multi-tiered network security infrastructure to prevent security violations. Data encryption ensures your data is kept private and secure. Multiple firewalls and network scanners further secure all access to our servers. Clarizen regularly performs penetration testing and deploys the latest security updates to guarantee our system is always protected against new threats.
- Application firewalls to further protect the system by preventing any malicious activity within the application. Clarizen uses complex algorithms to ensure that the application is not manipulated in any way that may cause harm to your data.
- Additional protection mechanisms such as anti-virus and application monitoring. Clarizen’s online project management service is monitored 24/7 to detect and report on any out-of-the-ordinary activities or failures. Several alert mechanisms are in place to escalate any such occurrences.
- Ongoing penetration testing audits by multiple, credible third-party security testing firms.
- Multi-layered backup, with local and off-site backups running at all times. The off-site backup is kept at Clarizen’s disaster recovery site.
Protecting your organization’s data
Clarizen ensures that information is kept secure and private by preventing unauthorized users to access your data. Our security mechanisms restrict access to project data to all users except those who are registered to your organization.
User authorization and roles
- Each user has a unique username and password that must be entered at the start of each Clarizen session. All passwords are stored in encrypted MD-5 hash format.
- Clarizen secures user IDs, passwords and other user information so they’re never jeopardized.
- Clarizen’s role and authorization mechanisms ensure that data access and user actions can be limited by each user’s role in each project.
- Project managers have the capability to assign roles in their projects to specific users and grant them permissions as required.
Clarizen has been recognized by Skyhigh to be part of their CloudTrust Program, based on an evaluation of enterprise readiness and security controls, in conjunction with the Cloud Security Alliance (CSA).
SOC 2 compliant
SOC2 compliance and certification provides Clarizen users with the trust and assurance that Clarizen has an effective control system to mitigate operational and compliance risks. It also demonstrates Clarizen’s commitment to security.
Clarizen has received the prestigious ISO/IEC 27001:2013 Security Certification (ISO 27001). ISO 27001 is the internationally recognized standard for certifying that our Information Security programs and processes protect our internal assets and that of our customers. As one of the most recognized and internationally accepted security standards, achieving ISO 27001 certification demonstrates and ensures Clarizen’s ongoing dedication to security best practices. ISO 27001 certification validates and supports our systematically managed approach to business information protection; including risk, governance and compliance, on par with the largest of cloud service providers.
Clarizen utilizes facilities that are LEED certified. LEED, or Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design, is an internationally recognized green building certification system. Developed by the U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC) in March 2000, LEED provides building owners and operators with a framework for identifying and implementing practical and measurable green building design, construction, operations and maintenance solutions.