Effective date: 8/31/2021
PII, as used in US privacy law and information security, is information that can be used on its own or with other information to identify, contact, or locate a single person, or to identify an individual in context.
PII, as used in the European Union, is any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural, or social identity of that natural person.
If you do not agree with these terms, please do not access, or use the Services.
What PII do we collect?
We may collect information from you directly when you provide it to us, automatically as you navigate through the Site, and from third parties.
Information You May Provide to Us: You may provide us information directly when you register on our site, access our services, subscribe to a newsletter, fill out a form, or enter information on our site. This includes information by which you may be personally identified, such as name, address, email address, and telephone number.
In order to use certain Services and/or receive newsletters or commercial offers, you must provide this information.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies:
Additionally, as you navigate through and interact with the website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect the following information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns:
- details of your visits to our website, including traffic data, geolocation data, logs, what website you viewed immediately prior to visiting our website, what search engine and search keywords you may have used to get to our website, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the website; and
- information about your computer and internet connection, specifically your IP address operating system and browser type.
- We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking).
- The information we collect automatically includes PII and/or we may maintain it or associate it with PII we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, enabling us to:
- estimate our audience size and usage patterns;
- store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our website according to your individual interests;
- speed up your searches; and
- recognize you when you return to our website.
Yes. Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computer’s hard drive through your Web browser (with your permission) that enables the site’s or service provider’s systems to recognize your browser and remember certain information. Cookies are also used to help us understand your preferences based on previous or current Site activity,
- Understand and save user’s preferences for future visits, which enables us to provide you with improved services.
- Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future. We may also use trusted third party services that track this information on our behalf.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser’s Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
If you disable cookies, you will still be able to access our site, but some features may be disabled and some of our services may not function properly.
Information We Collect from Third Parties
We also collect information about you when you interact with our pages, advertising, and applications on third party websites and services, including social media websites. This may include information such as your email address and other account information on those sites.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you in the following ways:
- To present our Site and access to the services provided on or through the Site.
- To provide you with notices about your account, including expiration and renewal notices.
- To personalize user’s experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested or have directly requested from us.
- To improve our Services in order to better serve you.
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
- To administer surveys or other site features.
- To quickly process your transactions.
- To send periodic emails regarding your products and services.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
With your consent, we may also use the contact information we collect for Clarizen to contact you, from time to time, via email communication, with news and updates about services, products, and offerings (such as: a newsletter, new releases, new features, special offers etc.).
If you wish, at any time, to remove your email address from any of the above mentioned email mailing lists and stop receiving future email communications from us, other than the emails directly related to the Service functionality, you may unsubscribe by sending an email to: [email protected]. For your convenience, email communication from us contains instructions regarding how to unsubscribe from our e-mail mailing lists.
How do we protect visitor information?
Clarizen has implemented measures designed to secure your PII from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure, and we have a dedicated security team to manage security of our infrastructure and your data. Clarizen undergoes an annual independent third-party assessment, performs an annual data privacy impact assessment, and maintains ISO 27001:2013 certification.
Your PII is encrypted and stored on our servers behind firewalls. In addition, all sensitive information you supply is encrypted “in transit,” and “at rest.” We use access controls to limit the number of persons who can access your information and require them to keep your information confidential.
We implement a variety of security measures when a user enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your PII, including the use of SSL technology.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. You are responsible for keeping your access credentials confidential, and we ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure; security threats are constantly evolving, and new risks appear regularly. Although we do our best to protect your PII, we cannot guarantee the security of your PII transmitted to our Site. Any transmission of your PII is at your own risk, and we are not responsible for service interruptions, intrusions, errors, loss of data, or any other interference with the use of the Services as a result of security related incidents.
Third party disclosure
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- to our website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our Services, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential and secured in compliance with Clarizen policies.
- To the extent necessary, to a buyer or other successor in interest in connection with a merger, acquisition, liquidation, or bankruptcy of the company.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also release your information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- When we believe release is appropriate to protect ourselves from liability, or to comply with law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property, or safety.
Third party links
Links to third party websites are provided as a convenience to you. Such linked sites are outside of our control and responsibility and are not covered by this policy. If you use any such linked sites, you should consult the privacy policies posted on those websites.
European Union General Data Protection Regulations
If you are in the European Union, the processing of PII is lawful only if it is permitted under the applicable data protection laws. We have a lawful basis for each of our processing activities (except when an exception applies as described below):
- Legitimate Interests. We will process your PII as necessary for our legitimate interests such as providing the Services, facilitating communication between Clarizen and you, detecting and correcting bugs on our Site, safeguarding our IT infrastructure and other intellectual property, improving our Site and IT infrastructure, promoting and marketing our business, developing our products and services, and providing you the most up to date information regarding the Services and Clarizen;
- To Fulfill Our Obligations to You Under Our Contracts. We process your PII in order to fulfill our obligations to you pursuant to our contracts and to deliver our products and services to you; and
- As Required by Law. We may also process your PII as required or permitted by law, such as to comply with government inspections, audits, and other valid requests from government or other public officials, to respond to subpoenas or other legal processes, or as necessary for us to protect our interests or otherwise pursue our legal rights and remedies (for instance, when necessary to prevent or detect fraud, attacks against our network or other criminal and tortious activities), defend litigation and manage complaints or claims.
Consent to Processing of PII in Countries Outside the EEA
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (“EEA”), in order to provide our Site, products, and services to you, we may send and store your PII outside of the EEA, including to the United States. Accordingly, your PII may be transferred outside the country where you reside or are located, including to countries that may not or do not provide an equivalent level of protection for your PII. Your PII may be processed and stored in the United States and United States federal, state, and local governments, courts, or law enforcement or regulatory agencies may be able to obtain disclosure of your PII through the laws of the United States. By using our Site, you represent that you have read and understood the above and hereby consent to the storage and processing of PII outside the country where you reside or are located, including in the United States.
YOUR RIGHTS TO YOUR INFORMATION AND ACCESSING AND CORRECTING YOUR INFORMATION
Applicable data protection laws may provide you with certain rights with regard to our processing of your PII.
- Access and Update. You can review and change your PII by logging into your online account.
- Restriction. You have the right to restrict our processing of your PII under certain circumstances. In particular, you can request we restrict our use of it if you contest its accuracy, if the processing of your PII is determined to be unlawful, or if we no longer need your PII for processing, but we have retained it as permitted by law.
- Portability. To the extent the PII you provide Clarizen is based on your consent, you have the right to request that we provide you a copy of, or access to, all or part of such PII in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format. You also have the right to request that we transmit this PII to another controller when technically feasible.
- Withdrawal of Consent. To the extent that our processing of your PIIbased on your consent, you may withdraw your consent at any time by closing your account. Withdrawing your consent will not, however, affect the lawfulness of the processing based on your consent before its withdrawal, and it will not affect the lawfulness of our continued processing that is based on any other lawful basis for processing your PII.
- Complaints. You have the right to lodge a complaint with the applicable supervisory authority in your country where you believe your rights under applicable data protection laws have been violated. However, before doing so, we request that you contact us directly in order to give us an opportunity to work directly with you to resolve any concerns about your privacy.
How You May Exercise Your Rights.
- You may exercise any of the above rights by contacting us through any of the methods below. If you contact us to exercise any of the foregoing rights, we may ask you for additional information to verify your identity. We reserve the right to limit or deny your request if you have failed to provide sufficient information to verify your identity or to satisfy our legal and business requirements.
Clarizen will retain your PII for the entire time that you, or your employer, keep your account open. After you (or your employer) close your account, we may retain your PII for one of the reasons listed below:
- For as long as necessary to comply with any legal requirement.
- On our backup and disaster recovery systems in accordance our backup and disaster recovery policies and procedures;
- For as long as necessary to protect our legal interests or otherwise pursue our legal rights and remedies; and
- For data that has been aggregated or otherwise rendered anonymous, in such a manner that you are no longer identifiable, indefinitely.
We do not knowingly collect PII from children under 18. No-one under age 18 may provide any information to or on the Site. If you are under the age of 18, do not register on the Site or use or provide any PII on or through the Site, including your name, email address or any screen name or user name you may use.
2755 Campus Drive, Suite 300
San Mateo, CA 94403