New Service Lets Users Manage Work Directly from Their Email Client
San Mateo, Calif. – October 20, 2011 – Clarizen, the award-winning SaaS work execution software company, today announced the release of Clarizen InterAct™, the patent-pending email server that takes email from being a communication tool to being an execution engine. With Clarizen InterAct, users can customize mailboxes and build rules to perform almost any operation in the system, such as initiate or update projects, log issues, or even turn on a stopwatch to track their time, all from their email. Part of the Clarizen v5.3 release, InterAct improves how teams engage with project management, work tasks, managers, customers as well as one another, using the most common form of communication: email. Clarizen InterAct is based on the foundation of the successful business rules engine, released 10 months ago.
“Marketo is a longtime user of Clarizen. The software has given us a new level of visibility into each of our projects, and helps us deploy projects more efficiently and control costs,” said Jim Hickey, senior manager of client delivery and operations, Marketo. “Tracking projects with the new InterAct email functionality will make it even easier for our professional services teams to structure projects and make sure tasks, issues and other work items don’t fall through the cracks.”
The changing nature of work – more offsite and global workers, projects involving multiple vendors, and information overload – has created demand for a solution that improves collaboration and work execution, while integrating with current methods of communication. Clarizen allows companies to work smarter by providing real-time visibility into each project. Managers can see what their teams are working on, and re-prioritize as needed to meet time or expense goals. Employees gain a flexible, collaborative tool that helps them focus on getting the right work done, improving efficiency and maximizing profitability.
“InterAct opens new channels of communication and control in Clarizen. Now everyone can update tasks and contribute to project and company goals using just their email,” said Avinoam Nowogrodski, co-founder and CEO of Clarizen. “Today’s workers are overloaded with information and need a more strategic system to manage work so it tracks back to what matters for their organizations. Clarizen creates this kind of environment and drives efficiency, while providing real-time insight that impacts an entire company’s bottom line.”
- Gives users the ability to engage with Clarizen from any device using any email client.
- Allows users to send email directly to Clarizen, which in turn updates tasks and projects automatically, without needing to login.
- Includes predefined mailboxes that help utilize the most commonly used functionality within Clarizen, making it fast and easy to begin emailing Clarizen.
- Offers customization so emails can perform almost any action users are able to do within Clarizen when logged-in.
- Generates vCards for each mailbox in InterAct so users know which email address to use when sending messages for specific projects and tasks.
Additional v5.3 Features
- Stopwatch: Helps users understand who is working on what, empowering teams with a new level of visibility into projects and resources.
- Relations Summary Fields: Users can look up related objects and calculate formulas such as the sum, average, minimum and maximum of related entities’ fields.
- Single Sign On and LDAP Integration: Organizations can configure Clarizen to synchronize with their AD/LDAP system to enable single-sign-on and single logout to various applications depending on the connection to the corporate network.
To learn more about InterAct and Clarizen v5.3 visit: //www.clarizen.com/
Clarizen is a collaborative work management solution designed for people who value their time, and for organizations that value cross-company engagement. Built on a secure, scalable platform, Clarizen brings together project management, configurable workflow automation and in-context collaboration to create a meaningful engagement experience that allows everyone to work the way they work best. Everyone involved can track projects, communicate effortlessly and participate on their terms. When employees can connect to a larger and more meaningful purpose, progress is not only clear, it’s accelerated. Organizations of all sizes, across 79 countries already rely on Clarizen to help engage their people and move their business forward. The company is privately held with office locations including San Mateo (California), Tel Aviv and London.
Horn Group Inc. for Clarizen