We are looking for a thoughtful, driven, innovative Director of Product, who will lead the product marketing strategy for Clarizen, driving both internal and external facing awareness of the awesome product that we deliver.
You’ll lead outbound product management activities, manage product launches, evangelize our point of view to the analyst community, and strategies on how to effectively market current and future features and services. You will help shape the product and help cultivate and grow a loyal consumer base. You will drive the strategy on how to position the product through innovative messaging, strategic positioning and develop compelling content for sales enablement. This means you work with a cross-functional team across sales, product, and engineering teams.
Creativity, strong communication, and collaboration skills are a must.
You’ll be reporting to the VP Product.
The position is based in San Mateo, CA
What you’ll be doing
- Market requirements and launch planning
- Understand market trends and conduct research on key customer trends, competitive landscape and analyst themes
- Identify and develop product themes and key use cases based on market trends, user requirements and product capabilities
- Solutions, industry and executive level persona based marketing
- Identify solutions level messaging, and game plans for marketing into target market segments
- Own, drive and communicate product positioning and sales materials and tools such as: sales presentation; customer success stories; demos; objection handling; value propositions; competitive intelligence and ROI/TCO tools
- Awareness and thought leadership
- Manage Analyst relations – positioning Clarizen for relevant spaces, driving our leadership position
- Create compelling thought leadership themes and content based on market trends, business pains, business role, and product initiatives
- Work with Demand Generation and Corporate Marketing team to build content and programs
- You care about continuously learning and teaching those around you
- 8+ years of product management / product marketing experience
- Independent self-starter; ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with enterprise level PPM and/or ERP applications from vendors
such as NetSuite, Microsoft Dynamics, SAP, Oracle, etc.
- Strong communication and business writing skills. Personal experience creating high quality, sales and customer-facing content including presentations, web copy, datasheets as well as guiding others to create content
- Self-driven to achieve goals; high energy level is essential; strong, dedicated work ethic a must
Nice to have
- Familiarity with the PPM or PSA marketVisual design abilities are a plus
- A BS in a management discipline (Finance, Business), or a technical discipline (Computer Science)