Clarizen delivers secure, cloud-based collaborative work management solutions built on the vision of business agility..We have been recognized as a leader in Forrester’s Enterprise Collaborative Work Management report and is a two-time Leader in Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for Cloud-Based IT Project and Portfolio Management. As we continuously innovate, we’ve just recently released Clarizen Workbot.
We are looking for a thoughtful, driven and innovative Director of Product Marketing, who will continue to position Clarizen as a market leader to help drive both internal and external facing awareness for the product.
You’ll lead all product marketing activities, manage product launches, evangelize our point of view to the analyst community, and strategies on how to effectively market current and future features and services. You will help shape the product and help cultivate and grow a loyal consumer base. You will drive the strategy on how to position the product through innovative messaging, strategic positioning and develop compelling content for sales enablement. This means you work with a cross-functional team across sales, product, and engineering teams.
Creativity, strong communication, and collaboration skills are a must.
You’ll be reporting to the VP Product.
The position is based in San Mateo, CA
What you’ll be doing
- Creating and executing on our overall product marketing strategy. Ability to define and manage to the KPIs.
- Driving go to market strategy: Determine the right market segments, evaluate pain points, and understand the right personas to sell to.
- Product launch and adoption: Work with the product team on vision and roadmap to determine the right pricing, packaging and key messages to launch new products and make them successful in the market.
- Solutions, Industry and Executive Level Persona Based Marketing
- Identify solutions level messaging, and game plans for marketing into target market segments
- Own, drive and communicate product positioning and sales materials and tools such as: sales presentation; customer success stories; demos; objection handling; value propositions; competitive intelligence and ROI/TCO tools.
- Awareness and thought leadership
- Serve as an evangelist and subject matter expert to customers, partners and sales.
- Manage Analyst relations – positioning Clarizen for relevant spaces, driving our leadership position
- Create compelling thought leadership themes and content based on market trends, business pains, business role, and product initiatives
- Regularly present to big and small audiences.
- Work with Demand Generation and Corporate Marketing team to build content and programs
- Competitive Intelligence: Maintain a strong understanding of the evolving competitive landscape, identify areas of competitive differentiation.
- Field enablement: Train sales, customer success, and partner teams on messaging, key differentiation, and how to convey the value of Clarizen.
- You care about continuously learning and teaching those around you
- 5+ years of product marketing experience in the enterprise software space
- History of driving successful growth products in new or mature markets
- Understanding of enterprise sales and marketing to business decision makers
- Aptitude to frame and analyze problems
- Proven ability to make data-driven decisions
- Strong communication and business writing skills. Personal experience creating high quality, sales and customer-facing content including presentations, web copy, datasheets as well as guiding others to create content
- Independent self-starter; ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Familiarity with the Collaboration, PPM, and PSA markets
- A BS in a management discipline (Finance, Business), or a technical discipline (Computer Science)