The Clarizen Managed Services group is responsible for system architecture, availability and performance of Clarizen widely adopted SaaS services, provided from several data centers spread across the US and EU. We are looking for an experienced DBA to join our team.
The DB Manager is responsible for the overall DB architecture and functionality across the different environments to assure availability and performance, and to allow additional further growth. In addition to the above the DB Manager is also responsible to the on-going management activities such as:
- Install, configure, upgrade, monitor, maintain and manage multiple database servers
- Perform database and application tuning
- Establish and maintain backup and recovery policies and procedures
- Perform code review and provide consultation to development teams
- Provide 24×7 support in an on call rotation with other staff members
- Setup and maintain documentation and standards
- Create, maintain and monitor DB Server replication
- monitor and analyze performance issues
- Capacity planning for continuously growing databases
- Experience working with Oracle RDBMS 10g – 11g, Oracle Dataguard, Oracle RMAN, Oracle RAC, Oracle OEM
- Professional University degree in Information Technology or Engineering or other related field.
- Experience working with PostgreSQL
- A good working knowledge of Redhat Linux
- Experience implementing and administering Oracle, Postgres, or MySQL including tuning and performance enhancements.
- Must have in depth expertise in Oracle architecture, including Oracle RAC
- Highly available systems based on Oracle Data Guard and other Oracle tools.
- Excellent knowledge of Oracle backup and recovery scenarios
- Flexible, open-minded, team player, with a friendly and pleasant personality
- Self-driven, able to work under pressure
- Ability to manage, prioritize and solve problems quickly and completely
- willing to work occasionally in nonstandard working hours (nights or weekends)
- Excellent written and verbal English
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Good communication skills
- Problem solving skills are a must