Produce branded, executive-quality Microsoft PowerPoint presentations with up-to-date insights from Clarizen One.
Cut out the manual work of collection and formatting data. Create a template once, and let Slide Publisher do the rest. Slide Publisher will get and deliver the latest data from Clarizen, and package it in a professional-looking presentation that you can share with executives and stakeholders. Create presentations on the fly, or create a schedule to automatically generate and share the presentation.
The Slide Publisher add-in for Microsoft PowerPoint makes it easy to insert placeholder tags into any predesigned presentation template, and automatically populate slides with the latest data from Clarizen One. Use out-of-the-box templates for Programs, Projects, Customers, and more, or create your own.
Specification: Clarizen Apps
Categories: Project Management, Professional Services, Research and Development, Marketing, IT
Capabilities: Email Automation, Project Execution, Reporting and Dashboards
Design your slides in PowerPoint 365, PowerPoint for Windows, or PowerPoint for Mac, and use the Template Wizard PowerPoint Add-in to find and place the right data points you need for your presentations.
With Slide Publisher you can:
- Pull data into your presentation (such as Project Name, Sponsor, Description, Project Manager, Due Date)
- Display your project’s Roadmap
- Include related information (Resources’ Job Titles, Resource Rates, Risks, Issues, Requests, and their fields) in tables
- Produce an entire program or portfolio presentation containing a summary slide and detailed, repeating slides per sub-project
- Schedule reports and share on a regular basis
Slide Publisher has 3 components:
- Slide Publisher app – an app that you download and install in Clarizen One. The app adds a Publish Slides button under Custom Actions for launching Slide Publisher.
- Slide Publisher Template Wizard – a free add-in for Microsoft PowerPoint available from the Microsoft Office Store for selecting which data to include in the presentation.
- Your PowerPoint Presentation – a PowerPoint template that you can use with the Template Wizard. When you’re done selecting the data and formatting the presentation, you can upload the template to Clarizen.
Note: See detailed documentation for installing and building with Slide Publisher.
To start working with Slide Publisher:
- Download and install the app that adds a Publish Slides Custom Action to Clarizen.
Installing on Sandbox? Click here to install instead of the link above.
- Install the app from the Microsoft Office Store and enable it.
- Download a sample template file to get started quickly:
- 4 Box Status Update
- New Project Request Deck
- Monthly Program Reporting Deck – for Projects with sub-projects
- Program Projects – for Programs with sub-projects
- Customer-Projects – for Customers with linked projects
- Portfolio-Projects – for Portfolios with linked projects
- Portfolio-Program-Projects – for Portfolios with linked Programs and their Sub Projects
- Vertical Template – for portrait-orientation presentation to mimic documents, with larger text areas, smaller fonts and tables with more rows. This template is suitable for multi-page documents and uses a standard 8.5 by 11 in’ letter format.
- Meeting Notes – Creates a presentation with meeting note details, including the meeting participants, action items, and decisions
- In the sample file, make any final formatting tweaks you need.
- Upload the sample file to your Clarizen account. The file will be available in File Templates in the main menu.
- Go to a project of your choice and run the Publish Slides Custom Action. Choose the relevant template to use and a new presentation file will be created with your data. Alternatively, you can set schedules to have reports automatically generated and sent instead of manually creating reports each time.
- Share your presentation with your stakeholders, team, or customer.
UPGRADE PATH for Portfolio, Program & Customer-centric Presentations
If you want to create slides for specific portfolios, customers, or programs but you have already installed/adapted an older Slide Publisher app, you can install the incremental upgrade you need for:
For advanced documentation, including creating your own templates, please see the full documentation.
- PowerPoint’s slide format can only contain so much data on a screen. Don’t expect to see everything from your Clarizen screen on a single slide. Consider splitting up your data.
- PowerPoint tables will not auto-resize your text. If your fields contain a lot of text, your tables can spill off your slides and you’ll need to tidy up the sizing once you’ve generated your presentation. This is a standard feature of PowerPoint.
- We don’t think you can realistically interpret too many table rows on a slide. We’ve limited the number per table to 25, but don’t recommend more than 8-10 rows. You can set the limit, per table, in the Template Builder.
- When working with tables, add the 2 rows you need to the slide and plan in advance how you want to sort the rows (example: by Due Date ascending, by Score descending).
- Table filters are not stored anywhere outside of the placeholder tags. If you want to change fields in a table, we recommend regenerating all placeholders in that table to prevent saving conflicting filters and sorting them onto your existing table.
- If you want to work with existing files in PowerPoint Online, you can upload them into OneDrive for Business or Sharepoint Online.