Blogging about Project Management – Part I
If you are here reading this post, you are probably as interested in project management as I am, so I decided to collect the best blogs I have found and think are worth a follow for you.
I started with project management podcasts, as they are nice and easy to listen to on the go and great to start with. Here are two of my favorite ones:
1. Manager Tools: Besides project management, it also has manger tools, career tools, a blog, forums and more;
2. PM War Stories: 30 episodes (till now) are dedicated to various topics, brought by project management experts sharing true stories and experiences.
I also checked project management publications, and found some really good ones. Here are 3 of the best ones:
1. PMI Today: This publication comes out on a monthly basis, updated with the latest news from other communities, certification and research;
2. Project Magazine: Very helpful and informative online articles and advices. I personally recommend signing up for its newsletter;
3. PM Network: Also published on a monthly basis, showing newest trends and techniques, and allows you to read some of its articles posted online for free.
There are also pretty good team project management blogs. Here are a couple of them:
1. Gantthead Blogs: Online community with various blogs written by project managers. Sign up is free as are downloads and tools for you to use;
2. PM World Today: an eJournal with articles and news from the world of project management. Contains leading views from PM professionals, tips and techniques.
And another special kind of group of project management blogs belongs to women! Surprisingly or not, there are many of them, and most of them are very good. Here are a few:
1. Definitely our favorite here at Clarizen is A Girl’s Guide to Project Management: Written by Elizabeth Harrin, a project management expert who willingly shares her experiences as well as invites guest bloggers on her blog;
2. Stepping in to Project Management: Started blogging as a newbie, Soma talks freely about her mistakes and about everything she learned along her way to become a project manager. Tips, techniques and many helpful tools are posted regularly on her humoristic yet professional blog pretty often;
3. The Enlightened Manager: Cheri Baker blogs about communication skills, manager effectiveness, employee engagement strategies and more, writing from her experience as the owner of Emergence Consulting in Seattle.
More from my top project management blogs list on my upcoming second part of this post, so stay tuned